google.com, pub-2285006542714576, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Friday, March 24, 2017

When Cultures Collide.

If you've never had to live with a room-mate, Family Member (or Members!), then you have NO IDEA what it's like.

 Imagine, if you will... Someone who puts an opened Can of Tuna into the Refridgerator with no Saran Wrap or cover of any kind? (Anyone for Tuna flavored Milk?)... What if you're the ONLY ONE who flushes the Toilet after they go?... or the ONE who has to be up at 8 am while the ones who work the Graveyard Shift think it's OK to have a Party that includes eardrum blasting Music that lasts until 4 am?.... What about that person who is so 'self' absorbed that every conversation is always directed back to them? You like Rock Music, they like Hip-Hop.... You think Jim Carrey's funny, they think he's an idiot. You're spiritual, they're not. You're a clean freak, neat nick, germaphobe and they think the floor is their Closet, don't know how to run a dishwasher and germs don't even exist in their World. 

OK! OK! I get it... you have 'everything in common' with this Person (or Persons)... you're all so 'compatible' in every way.... living with them is going to be so easy... and so fun! An adventure! You're going to PROVE to all the naysayers (and the World), that they're wrong. Good luck with that. 

Go ahead, move in with that bestie... or boyfriend... or Family. Let me know how that goes for ya. 

Absorbing anyone into YOUR Culture will result in THEIR CULTURE either taking a back seat or precedence. Do you fully understand the ramifications of this?

Take another PERSON into your Home and you're agreeing to cohabitate with another Person whose belief systems, habits, and History could combine (or combust!) with yours!  
The 'more' People you cohabit with, the more likely things will end ugly. Don't believe me? I challenge you to take a few People in (or a whole Family!) for a few months, or better yet, a few years into YOUR Home. These 'living arrangements' seldom make it past a few WEEKS, let alone a few years... lol.

I've lived with lots of People and I've had lots of People live with me.... I've determined that my Husband and I have our own Culture and we PREFER to live alone. Why? Because I don't want to hear about YOUR horrible day when I've settled down to read at 8pm. I don't want to hear about your aches & pains, toilet habits, what-have-you, when I'm OBVIOUSLY trying to take a nap!  I pay all of the bills but YOU complain that you don't care for some of my Friends?!? The nerve!

Nobody's 'better' than anyone else, and noone's Culture is superior.... we're just 'different' and that's enough to make tempers flare and feelings get hurt. Worlds collide when cultures clash!

Yep, Cultures clash People. If you don't believe me, adopt one into your own Home. 






No comments: